Summer makes for a great time to getaway on the family road trip you have been planning for months. It is important to add vehicle maintenance to your checklist, before you hook up that camper or boat and hit the road. The last thing we'd want is for you to be pulled over on the side of the road because of a breakdown.
Before You Go:
• Get your car serviced:
Regular maintenance such at tune ups, oil changes and tire rotations can go a long way in preventing a breakdown.
• Check for recalls:
Owners may not always know that their vehicle has a recall and needs to be repaired. You are able to check for your vehicle recalls here.
Go over your vehicle safety checklist, because regardless of how well you take care of your vehicle, it's important to go over the safety checklist below:
• Tires: Air Pressure, tread wear and spare
• Lights: Headlights, break lights, turn signals, emergency flashers, interior lights and trailer lights if applicable
• Cooling System: Coolant level and servicing
• Fluid levels: Oil, brakes, transmission, power steering and windshield washer fluids
• Belts and Hoses: Condition and fittings
• Wiper blades: Wear and tear on both sides
• Air Conditioning: A/C Performance because lack of air conditioning on a hot day would not be fun in more ways than one.
• Floor Mats: Proper size and correct installation so that it doesn't interfere with vehicle operation
Focus on safety first as that should be your number 1 priority for you and your loved ones. Remember to buckle up and when traveling with children take all precautions to keep them safe. Always, stay alert, share the road and avoid risky driving behaviors such as impaired or distracted driving.
Prevention and planning may take a little bit of time beforehand but worth it so you can have a worry free road trip.
If car maintenance isn't your thing, bring your vehicle in to our service center and our technicians can take care of the above checklist for you.
Ready...set...hit the road!